Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Big Mac Attack

Mac is making something of a name for himself down at the East-West Shrine game. The immediate word out of the camp was that McLaughlin is a team leader but kept getting burnt on coverage because of his limited physical ability and I'd like to speak on that limit from two points. One is that I felt that Mac looked a step slow and not quite as beastly coming off his achilles injury but I think that time and training will bring it back. I don't think he really started at 100% and even a month off is just not enough to come back up to full speed after a full season where you didn't start at 100%. Secondly, everyone said the same thing about Dunbar and he's been a very reliable backup for the Saints since day 1.

But on to some more buzz about Mac from the Shrine game practices:

We'll take McLaughlin any time
Boston College LB Mike McLaughlin is a bad ass. He can play on our team any time, any day in whatever we're playing. It's been only a practice and a half, but he's clearly the emotional leader of the East defense.
That is from yesterday's practice blog by scouts inc who continued to talk about Mac's intensity today stating that he ran full speed into an O-lineman on purpose. Yeah, that's Mac.

I haven't seen Rettig or Bordner on campus (I don't really know if I'd recognize Bordner) but I've seen KPL a few times. Can't wait for the spring game

No comments:

Post a Comment